Like/Stumble

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Spring 2011

The days are getting longer and the nights warmer. The team has survived the winter chill and now are gearing up for the next Adventure Racing challenge. The Merrel Eden Duo. With three teams entered we are all really excited. Jeff and Garth will be doing battle in the men's category while New Team member Nic Cuthbert and Jeff's son Brandon will be entered as juniors in the main race . Netski and I will be entered in the mixed category and trying to win back that title which Rhona and I lost last year.





With Chris plying his trade in Johannesburg for a large part of the year we have decided to add another member to our Team . This comes in the form of multi talented and all round nice guy Nic Cuthbert. Nic is at Oak Hill School in Knysna (where the Team has been involved with training the AR Teams for the past couple of years) . Nic is an awesome Trail Running talent but loves the multi sport aspect of AR. He also (like most youngsters today) is a bit of a computer wizard and will be helping us get a Face Book Page up and running as well as keeping the blog up to date.





Team Boss Sean Gannon was on the Breede this weekend with partner Phil Raymond. With the pair fuelled by GU for the first time this is what Phil had to say "Hi James, Thanks for the demo GU products you gave us to try on the Breede Canoe Marathon. Over my 50 Years I have done various endurance events (3-6 hours long)mainly as a "fish and chips " competitor,just wanting a finishers medal .
I have used numerous energy drinks and bars and convinced myself that they were doing something for me. I used the GU electrolyte Brew in my bottles for the first time this weekend
and found it refreshing and not nauseating and I didn't get any of those drops you get from taking sugar drinks. I also used the GU Energy Gels for the first time.This is awesome stuff I can honestly say that you feel it kicking in after 10 -15 minutes. You feel strong and mentally up and I didn't come crashing down like I have experienced with other Energy bars etc. I found it practical and easy to use and very palatable. I will definitely be using these products in the future. Phil"


See you all out there

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for Eden guys!!! hope to see some of the Knysna folk at one of the new Western Cape Adventure Series races... next one takes place on 12 nov in Ceres. www.wcad.co.za

    ReplyDelete